New for 2020: SpotOn Productions is partnering with Darla Kirchner Consulting. A great story starts with a clear message. Darla Kirchner is a StoryBrand Certified Guide, and will help the nonprofit recipient create a strong marketing foundation and clear messaging for the video.|
At SpotOn Productions and Darla Kirchner Consulting, we know you want to attract people to invest in your nonprofit. Whether that's time, treasure, or talents, you need to have a compelling marketing strategy and an impactful video to tell your unique story; a combination that attracts the right people to donate and volunteer. The problem is your budget may not allow you to do that, which is frustrating and overwhelming.
We believe that change-makers like you deserve the right marketing strategies, tools, and implementation. Because we work with nonprofits, we understand how challenging it is. We see them struggle to compete for attention in a crowded, noisy world. Together, SpotOn Productions and Darla Kirchner have over 50 years of experience in branding, marketing, video production, and business storytelling. The grant recipient will experience expertise from an award-winning StoryBrand Certified Guide, and an impactful, compelling video from a multi-Telly award-winning production company.
We want to help make an impact for a nonprofit like yours by offering our services at no cost through our 3rd annual Nonoprofit Video Grant! Together we are providing one 501(c)3 in the greater Cincinnati area a story marketing strategy and a compelling video combination that shares your unique story. This grant package is valued at over $20,000!
SpotOn Productions' inaugural Nonprofit Video Grant in 2018 helped Big Brothers Big Sisters of Butler County recruit 130+ new qualified inquiries and 30+ new mentors for their "50 Mentors in 50 Days" campaign to celebrate their 50th anniversary. This year we helped Hope's Closet raise over $46,000 during their #GivingTuesday campaign to impact foster families throughout Butler County and Greater Cincinnati. We're excited to see whose story we can help tell next!
Apply today for the Nonprofit Video Grant!
Apply online here.
The process is easy. Here's the timeline:
- Applications will start being accepted on Monday, December 16, 2019.
- Applications are due by 5:00pm on Friday, January 31, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed the two weeks after the application deadline.
- Phone/video interviews will be conducted with the top three (3) nonprofits the week of February 17, 2020.
- In-person interview with the final candidate during the week of March 2, 2020.
- Final grant award announced the week of March 9, 2020.
- Story strategy with Darla Kirchner Consulting tentatively March 2020.
- Pre-production with SpotOn Productions to tentatively begin April 2020.
- Final video delivery based upon the timeline established with grant recipient.
What We'll Need
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ian Murray - 513-779-4223
- Your name, title, and contact information (website, phone, email).
- Answers to the application questions.
- A copy of your IRS 501(c)3 tax-exempt determination letter.
What Darla Kirchner Consulting will provide (the story marketing):
- Using the StoryBrand framework, our marketing team will work with the grant winner to write your new messaging.
- A half-day session devoted to defining and determining the market messaging, your personal voice and values, core service.
- You'll have a solid foundation for all your messaging, words and sales copy so your customers understand how you can help them.
- Follow up meetings as needed.
- With your new clear message, we'll help develop your video script.
- Our team will create your new messaging guide for you to use in all your marketing collateral and website to keep your brand consistent.
- Consulting during video production (shooting your video).
- Sales Copy from your new Brand messaging.
- A better elevator pitch called a one-liner.
What SpotOn Productions will provide (the video)
- Our production team and resources will meet with you to determine the best way to tell your story.
- Full creative concept development based off of the story strategy from Darla Kirchner.
- Video production (shooting your video).
- Post-production/editing of your video, including music, titles, etc. to create a compelling video that effectively tells the story of your organization.
- A digital file of your video for distribution/uploading.
The Fine Print
Final grant recipient selection will be at the sole discretion of the management at SpotOn Productions.
- Timelines for the grant application, story marketing, and video production may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the management at SpotOn Productions and Darla Kirchner Consulting.
- There is no dollar value set for this grant award. The team at Darla Kirchner Consulting and SpotOn Productions will meet with the final grant recipient to determine what resources will be needed to effectively complete the project.
- SpotOn Productions will retain the copyright for the video and will grant the recipient unlimited usage rights.
- The video will contain an end slate recognizing the grant award by SpotOn Productions and must remain a part of the whole video at all times.
- All marketing materials surrounding the video, including social media and website postings must acknowledge SpotOn Productions and Darla Kirchner Consulting as the grantor of the Nonprofit Video Grant that was used to create the video, and include an @ tag to SpotOn Productions and Darla Kirchner Consulting, or a link to www.SpotOn.Productions and www.DarlaKirchner.com
- By applying for this grant, you give SpotOn Productions and Darla Kirchner Consulting permission to use your organization to promote this Nonprofit Video Grant.
- Nonprofit organizations that have received a donated video from SpotOn Productions and Darla Kirchner Consulting in the preceding 24 months are not eligible for this video grant.
- Nonprofit applicants must be located in Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, Greater Dayton, or the I-75 corridor (between I-275 and I-675).